Restaurants often ask us:
Perfectly good question! And here is the simple answer- the power of community. When we collect small amounts of money from many restaurants and pool it together, we can buy better ads at better prices than individuals can. We can also get more coverage in media, better sponsors, and more people listening overall. When all of the best restaurants in town are working together people pay attention. Instead of a small fish in a big pond, you become a bigger fish in a smaller pond.
We have a few packages to choose from, starting at $300. And you can get 50% off of that price if you sign up BEFORE April 30th! At the basic level, it’s less than you would spend on one decent print ad to be part of Reno’s Culinary Elite for a year.
The “main event” takes place in October, a generally slow season for local restaurants. During the promotional period you offer a deal that fits your restaurant and we tell everyone we can about it.
In more detail- you design a deal or multiple deals that fit your restaurant. All we ask is that they fit into one of three price points of $10, $20 or $30. You can do one or all three prices as well, and it’s up to you if it’s a 2 for 1, three course or just a good price on one of your regular items.
Not sure what to promote? Here are three easy ideas-
- If you want lunch business
- Pick one of our price levels that gives guests a 20-25% discount on your normal pricing. A very popular and successful recipe for success is to combine a popular item with a drink or dessert at the $10 price point. If that doesn’t quite pencil for you, make a combo- 1/2 Sandwich and Salad with a drink for $10 to drop your food cost.
- If you want dinner business
- Put together a three course menu for $30. Pick items off your menu, or do something special for the week. Reach out to your liquor supplier and get a deal on wine or beer you can feature for the week, up-sell and get your ticket average up.
- If you want to pack the house
- Make that 3 course dinner from above a $20 price point. One of our past participants did this in 2012, 13 and 14. They turned their tables close to 3 times EVERY NIGHT of the week and saw business increase through October and November which was a normally slow period.
It is key to have your front of house staff informed and ready for the event. We create a simple one sheet handout for you to share and post in the restaurant. We also encourage you to hold a meeting with the full staff shortly before the event to make sure everyone is on board and in the know.
What did we miss? Please reach out below or email email@example.com